If you are up on the the different beauty products available in the market, you might have noticed by now that Vitamin C has become one of the most popular ingredients in the skin care world.
In one way or another, it has become a trend for quite some time now and because more studies are done to prove then potency of this vitamin to help boost skin’s health, we are regularly introduced to products infused with this vitamin including the most popular topical application of all: vitamin c serum.
As mentioned earlier, the infusion of Vitamin C in different skin care products has become a trend in the beauty industry. This started with the publication of a study conducted at Duke University which proved that Vitamin C could help reduce the effects to the skin of too much sun exposure. Since then, numerous skin experts have launched their own studies about the benefits of Vitamin C. This led, of course to the infusion of this vitamin in facial serums.
A Closer Look on Vitamin C and its Benefits
We know that Vitamin C is vital when it comes to strengthening the immune system when taken orally, however, this is not the only thing that this vitamin can do for the body. It is amazing when used topically on the skin.
It can do the following:
• Fights off free radicals that can damage the cells of the body
• Plays a key role in keeping the connective tissues healthy
• Helps in different cardiovascular and nervous system processes
• Helps in fat metabolism
• Helps in protecting the bones, teeth and especially the skin
• It reduces effects of too much sun exposure. It helps in strengthening the skin’s barrier protecting it from the sun.
• It is vital in the production of collagen that is important in maintaining a healthy and young-looking skin. Collagen is also important to improve the skin’s texture as well as your skin tone.
• It helps in fighting off the different signs of aging such as wrinkles.
• It functions as an antioxidant. Antioxidants are important in protecting the skin from the damages brought about by free radicals.
• Helps in reducing skin inflammation while also speeding up healing
• In high doses, it aids in correcting skin discoloration
Vitamin C in Serums
What you need to understand is that all vitamins can lose its potency when exposed to air. Because of this, experts developed ways to incorporate essential vitamins to different products without affecting their potency. One way is to infuse them in serums. By incorporating Vitamin C in serums, we can now get its benefits even if it is to be applied topically or directly on the skin. When applied topically, we can get a healthier, younger-looking and more radiant skin.
One of the advantages of using a serum is its ability to penetrate deep down the skin. This is important in enhancing the appearance of the skin not just on the outside, but on the inside as well. A serum can deliver all the benefits of Vitamin C to ensure that your skin is soft, radiant and most of all, healthy.
To see our latest Vitamin C Serum review click here.