Did you know that there are foods that can prevent the premature development of wrinkles? Yes! You have read that right. You actually do not need to find the youth fountain just to stay youthful longer. As we all know, wrinkle formation is one of the most common signs of aging. It is normal as a person becomes older, but you do not have to suffer prematurely. Today, we will be listing the best foods that you should add to your diet to prevent wrinkles.
What Causes Wrinkles
Before we go into the food list, let’s first discuss the most common causes of wrinkle formation. By knowing the causes, we will be able to have a better understanding on the things that we can do to prevent it.
• Too much sun – When you are always exposed to the sun without protection, the tendency is for the skin to age prematurely. This will result to wrinkles, fine lines and uneven spots.
• Smoking – This unhealthy habit is also linked to skin aging, according to studies. As you might have noticed from smokers, they usually look older than their actual age.
• Genetics – Heredity can also play a big role in the formation of wrinkles. Some people are just predisposed to developing wrinkles prematurely because it runs in the family. Bright side: you probably got something good from your family to make up for this genetic short straw.
• Facial expressions – Some facial expressions make you more at risk of developing wrinkles such as frowning and squinting.
• Normal aging – As mentioned earlier, wrinkles are normal as people become older.
Super Foods that Help Stop Wrinkle Formation
Now that we know the causes, it is now time to tackle some superfoods that can help prevent wrinkles as well as to make your skin look more youthful and beautiful.
1. Berries – Berries, specifically blueberries and raspberries are very good to prevent wrinkles. Berries contain a lot of antioxidants that can help fight off free radicals in the skin. They are also known to promote skin regeneration, which slows down as we age.
2. Tomatoes – Aside from being very delicious, tomatoes are also packed with Vitamin C, which is very good for the skin. In addition to this, it is can help stimulate collagen production. Collagen is important for the skin’s elasticity.
3. Avocado – Also known as alligator pear, avocado is very beneficial to the skin because it is rich in Vitamins E and B. It is also good in moisturizing the skin because of its fatty acid content.
4. Yogurt – Another good food to prevent wrinkles is yogurt. It is rich in probiotics that can help decrease inflammation and redness. According to experts, yogurt can help fight off acne breakouts, dermatitis and even psoriasis.
5. Salmon – Another anti-wrinkle food that you need to know is salmon. This fish is a very good source of omega 3-fatty acids, which can help moisturize the skin.
6. Nuts – Contrary to popular belief, nuts, when taken in moderation is actually good for the skin, specifically to prevent wrinkle formation. Aside from being packed with good fat, some nuts are also rich in Vitamin E. If you really want a good anti-wrinkle food, you can also munch on Brazil nuts, which are rich in Selenium.
7. Eggs – These are very rich in amino acids that are known to prevent wrinkle formation. These amino acids are glycine, proline, and lycine. Amino acids are important in the production of collagen. As mentioned earlier, collagen is important to maintain the skin’s elasticity, without it, your skin will lose its firmness and you will start to develop not only wrinkles, but fine lines as well.
8. Soy beans – If you are not fond of eating eggs, then you can replace it with soya beans. They contain the same amino acids (glycine, proline, and lycine) which are known for their anti-wrinkle qualities.
9. Carrots – If you think that carrots are only for good vision, then you are wrong there. They are also very good in preventing wrinkles and achieving a youthful skin. Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which helps protect the skin from free radicals.
10. Green tea – Last, but definitely not the least is green tea. According to various studies, green tea is very effective in preventing wrinkles because of the catechins that it contains.
There you have it! These are the superfoods that are effective in preventing the development of wrinkles. Just increase them in your diet and you will surely see the difference.