Skin care routines may vary depending on different factors. One of the most important things to consider is your age. As we all know, as we age, our skin undergoes different changes. Because of this, we also need to find what suits us best depending on what our skin needs. If you are in your 20s, then this article is for you.
Your Skin During These Years
In order to understand what should be included in your skin care routine when you are in your 20s, it is important to first know the changes that the skin undergoes.
• During this time, the raging fluctuations in hormones that you have experienced during your teenage years start to decrease. Because of this, you can expect lesser acne breakouts too.
• For some people, breakouts are still possible. It will depend on the hormones in your body since hormonal activities vary from one person to another.
• During one’s menstrual period, the sebaceous glands in the skin are more active resulting to oilier skin.
Skin Care Tips
To help you, here are some important points to remember when it comes to your skin care routine.
• This is the perfect time to start a good skin care routine. If you want to preserve your youthful glow, you should start taking care of your skin more while you are in your 20s.
• Because of hormones, the skin is very prone to become dry and dehydrated. This is the main reason why experts recommend the use of serum to counteract the effects of hormones.
• Never forget to apply sunscreen religiously. This is vital to ensure that your skin will not age prematurely. Even if the sun is not out, you should still protect your skin. Aside from your face, protect your neck and chest too.
• Wash your face at least twice a day (morning and night). Instead of the ordinary soap, invest on a good facial cleanser. Cleansing helps you to get rid of dirt, debris, excess oil and grease that have accumulated in your face. If you feel that your skin is becoming too dry, this means that your cleanser is removing the essential oils too. When choosing a cleanser, check the ingredients to make sure that it fits well with your skin type.
• If your skin is dry, a good moisturizer can make a big difference. Be cautious in choosing a moisturizer depending on your skin type.
• Beauty products with Hyaluronic acid can help prevent the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
• A night serum is recommended by most skin experts. By using a night serum, your face will look a lot better in the morning. It also helps the skin to rejuvenate during nighttime.
Other Useful Tips for This Age Group
• Get plenty of sleep and rest as much as possible. Get at least 8 hours of sleep a day to prevent acne breakouts. In addition to this, if you always lack sleep, the sebaceous glands in your skin will become more active resulting to oily skin.
• Never sleep with make-up on. This is one of the most common bad habits of this age group. Because of their busy schedules, some tend to forget to remove their make-up at night. Make-up can clog your pores, which may cause acne breakouts.
• If you are very prone to having cystic acne, then you should limit your dairy intake. Certain foods have been proven to be linked to the development of acne so your should be more careful with your diet. The best thing to do is to follow a well-balanced diet.
There you have it! These are just some of the things that you need to know to help you take care of your skin if you are in your 20s. Just like what we have mentioned earlier, this is the PERFECT time to give your skin the extra attention that it needs.